Some people create “bucket lists” – a list of things that they want to do, see, experience, or learn before they die. I’m a little bit too young to be that morbid, but I recognize the importance of having specific goals and dreams. I figured that sharing a list of these goals with you all would give me even more incentive to accomplish them.
- Get published in an internationally known publication.
- Start my own business.
- Write a book about education.
- Be able to speak Spanish fluently.
- Travel to a foreign country and learn the native language.
- Create a piece of art that somebody thinks is truly beautiful.
- Sew myself a little black dress.
- Learn to swing dance.
- Have a pet snake.
- Record and release a song.
- Throw a party that’s that talk of the town. (Really, am I living in the 50’s or what?)
- Create a personal style/aesthetic.
- Collect every album, single, LP, and anything else by the Velvet Underground, Belle & Sebastian, and Spoon.
- Be moved to tears by a book or story.
- Help a friend out of a tough situation.
- Write, create, and perform my own puppet show.
- Fill up 15 notebooks.
- Be totally selfless for a day.
- Act in a film.
- Run ten miles.
- See the Horrors perform in England.
- Be moved to tears by a concert.
- Meet Beth Gibbons.
- Create a short film.
- Teach a class.
- Be a major thorn in the side of the Texas Education Agency (TEA)
This list will grow dramatically. Trust me.